The Dermapen is a fractional micro-needling device that works to tighten, lift and rejuvenate the skin. Dermapen is effective in reducing fine lines and wrinkles, minimizing pores, stretch marks, keloid, surgical and acne scars. The unique spring-loaded needle tip uses and automated, vibrating stamp-like motion that enhances results while offering a more controlled and safer method of treatment than others micro-needling devices.
Dermapen’s patent-pending, disposable micro-needling tip come in sterilizes individual packages that are easily replaced and loaded into the spring-automated device.The Dermapen tip has eleven stainless steel micro-needles which can be adjusted from 0.25 to 2.5mm, giving estheticians an innovate skin therapy system that is design to cater to individual patient needs.
Dermapen’s needle depth can be adjusted during the course of the procedure to accommodate different treatment areas, and can easily maneuver around
facial contours and delicate features, such as the eyes, nose and mouth.
Dermapen offers many advantages over leading competitors like IL or fractional lasers; the unique automatic micro-needling function increases Dermapen’s effectiveness while causing less epidermal damage sometimes caused by excess heat and light based therapies.
The Dermapen’s automated needling motion minimizes pain and discomfort, while better promoting an even absorption of topicals, such as PRP, hyaluronic acid and peptides into the skin which enhances overall results.
The sloped, or curved, insertion of needles on a rolling fractional device can create damaging trenches in the epidermis leading to more bleeding, pain and longer recovery time.
The stamping action of Dermapen’s vertical needles is not only effective in minimizing pain and bleeding, but also offers a save, consistent treatment method that better rejuvenates the skin. Dermapen offers exceptional results, is cost effective, easy to use and has better precision and control than more expensive treatments.
This ground-breaking technology, combined with low cost disposable tips, makes Dermapen a revolutionary breakthrough for beautiful skin.
What is Medical Skin Needling?
Medical skin needling, also referred to as collagen induction therapy (CIT) and micro needling, is a relatively new concept being added to numerous aesthetic skin rejuvenation treatment options available such as Microdermabrasion, Microcurrent, ultrasonic, laser resurfacing and chemical peels, all of which have come about since the mid 2000’s.
As with these treatments, micro needling is aimed at stimulating the body’s own collagen production to tighten, lift and rejuvenate the skin, as well as reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, minimize pores, stretch marks, and scarring such as keloid, surgical and acne scars. It has also been successfully used for hair restoration in cases of alopecia.
- No cross infection- disposable needles
- Speed, faster than manual rolling
- Shorter treatments times
- Adjustable needle depths
- Less pain
- Light- weight hand-piece
- Minimal side effects
Indications and Effect
Wrinkles and thin skin density
How: increased availability of cell nutrients and the triggering of the wound healing cascade brings platelets, fibroblasts, epithelial, endothelial and immune cells together to facilitate wound healing.
How: the Dermapen increases availability of skin lightening actives, restores keratinocyte function and communication with melanocytes and optimizes pigment uptake, restores fibroblast function which normalizes signaling with melanocytes, normalizes melanogenesis and melanocyte differentiation and the other growth factors that support melanocytes in the epidermis. Unfortunately, melanocytes lie between most anti-aging treatment modalities and the target fibroblasts, and are often sacrificed in overzealous attempts to obtain greater results through aggressive injury. Melanocytes are in the basal layer of the epidermis and when damaged, hypo or hyper pigmentation results.
How: stimulates epidermal growth factors which increases epidermal density and strengthens collagen in vessel walls and connective tissue that supports vessels. Increases platelet growth factors to help with inflammation, increases availability of cell nutrients and antioxidants, and helps with loss of adhesion resiliency.
How: mechanical breakdown of existing scarring and allows for new and natural wound healing response to take place. An increase in growth factors responsible for remodeling occurs as a result.
How: increase availability of cells nutrients and the triggering of the wound healing cascade brings platelets, fibroblasts, epithelial, endothelial, and immune cells together to facilitate wound healing and epidermal growth.
How: Increases availability of cells nutrients and attracts macrophages and immune system function to the damage area. Releases epidermal growth factors and releases glycoproteins that modulate the immune system.
How: the epidermis is extremely thin and the underlying support structure is also atrophied. The ability to withstand thermal energy or heat related treatments without being burned or further injured is minimal. The micro-needling technology of the Dermapen allows for the increased synthesis and presence of epidermal growth factors and immune response triggers. This enables the opportunity for fibroblast proliferation and collagen formation and potential thickening.
rior to treatment
- No Retin-A products or applications for 12 hours prior to treatment.
- No Auto-Immune therapies or products 12 hours prior to treatment.
- No prolonged sun exposure or sun burns to the treatment area 24 hours prior to treatment.
- Skin should be clean and make-up free.
- If an active or extreme breakout occurs before treatment, evaluate on a case by case basis.
Post operative treatment
- After the treatment, take precautions against sun exposure. Do not apply a sunscreen for 12 hours after Dermapen treatment due to the skin’s channels being open for a period of time and due to the toxic nature of some sunscreens on the market.
- Do not apply make up for at least 12 hours after the treatment.
- Dermapen needling may trigger a cold sore response in patients and a prophylaxis medication should be recommended to those who are prone to outbreaks.
- Wash the face thoroughly a few hours after the treatment. Gently massage the face with tepid water (a shower can provide an easier ability to massage the face while washing at the same time), and remove all serum and other debris such as dried blood. This will improve the appearance of the skin and also allow for better subsequent absorption of PHYTO-BOOST serum. Mineral make up may be applied the following day.
- For the first 1-3 days the skin will be very dry and feel tight. Frequent use of a HA-BOOST and PHYTO-BOOST serum will help alleviate this.
- After 2-3 days patients can return to regular skin care products or as soon is comfortable to do so. Vitamin A products are optimal and suggested.
- Avoid alcohol based toners for 10-14 days.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for at least 10 days if possible.
- Do not apply sunscreen the same day as treatment. Undesirable chemicals can penetrate if used in large amount.