4 Moves To Fortify Glutes
Glutes are well known for their power and strength, they actually consist of three separate muscles (the gluteus maximus, gluteus medius, and gluteus minimus).
Start out slowly with just one set of each exercise. As the exercises get easier to do, you can work up to two or three sets of each.
Maintaining your balance on a constantly shifting surface forces your muscles to adjust quickly, which helps strengthen and tone.
To target your glutes, stand on a balance ball or board.
- Get your balance, then raise one leg into the air while you find your balance on the opposite foot.
- Hold for a count of five, release, and repeat on the other side.
Take care to push your weight into your heels throughout this movement to protect your knees.
Squats, both with and without dumbbells, give the glutes definition when positioned correctly.
- Stand up straight with your feet slightly wider than hip-distance apart.
- Bend your knees, and sink backward as if you were about to sit in a chair behind you.
- Lower yourself down as low as you can go; most people make the mistake of not squatting down far enough.
3- Climbing stairs
Cardio is important for your heart’s health, but too much cardio may sabotage your efforts of building muscle.
Climbing stairs or using a stair stepper machine will provide you with a good cardio workout while also targeting the muscles that will help strengthen your glutes.
4- Donkey kicks
Donkey kicks work all the areas of your glutes, toning, lifting, and strengthening for a sexy bottom.
- Begin on your hands and knees with your hands beneath your shoulders and your knees hip-width apart.
- Lower down onto your forearms and kick your right leg out back behind you, straightening your leg.
- Pull your knee in toward your chest, then kick out again.
- Repeat for 12 reps, then switch legs.